Greetings and welcome to the 2020 golf season from your Glen Arbour Handicap Committee.
Beginning March 1, 2012 the Royal Canadian Golf Association (RCGA) changed the way you adjust your score for equitable stroke control. The old method and new method are identified below. You should use the new method for determining your handicap this year.
|Pre 2012 Equitable Stroke Control|
|0 or Plus Handicap||Maximum of 1 Over Par|
|1-18 Course Handicap||Maximum of 2 Over Par|
|19-32 Course Handicap||Maximum of 3 Over Par|
|33+ Course Handicap||Maximum of 4 Over Par|
|New Equitable Stroke Control|
|9 or Less Handicap||Maximum of 2 Over Par|
|10-19 Course Handicap||Maximum score of 7|
|20-29 Course Handicap||Maximum score of 8|
|30-39 Course Handicap||Maximum score of 9|
|40+ Course Handicap||Maximum score of 10|
For more details about the change please go to the Golf Canada website
Other important information for the 2020 season: Due to COVID-19 pandemic, normal events and booking using Tee-on are disrupted for GA residents. However, you can still use tee-on for adding scores. Of course, you can add scores with more detail if you are a member of Golf Canada (and use their web site).
- Glen Arbour will once again be using the Tee-on system for calculating and tracking handicaps.
- You can access the system from the Glen Arbour website or by going directly to www.tee-on.com
- If you can’t remember or don’t have a username/password, contact the Pro Shop and they should be able to help you.
- Once you sign into Tee-on, there are helpful video tutorials that you can access which explain how to use the system.
- If you are planning to play in the Glen Arbour Club Championship, Match Play, Tombstone or Iron Man tournaments this year, or any NSGA sanctioned events, then you must have a current and valid handicap for 2018.
- A special note for the ladies… remember when posting any score to make sure you enter it under the proper course layout. (i.e. Glen Arbour-Ladies-18 or F9 or B9) If you have any questions concerning handicaps or posting scores, please feel free to contact one of the following handicap committee members: