Greetings and welcome to the 2012 golf season from your Glen Arbour Handicap Committee.
There have been some important changes concerning how you determine your handicap for 2012. Beginning March 1, 2012 the Royal Canadian Golf Association (RCGA) has changed the way you will adjust your score for equitable stroke control. The current method and new method are identified below. You should use the new method for determining your handicap this year.
Current Equitable Stroke Control
New Equitable Stroke Control
|0 or Plus Handicap
||Maximum of 1 Over Par
||9 or Less Handicap
||Maximum of 2 over par
|1-18 Course Handicap
||Maximum of 2 Over Par
||10-19 Course Handicap
||Maximum score of 7
|19-32 Course Handicap
||Maximum of 3 Over Par
||20-29 Course Handicap
||Maximum score of 8
|33+ Course Handicap
||Maximum of 4 Over Par
||30-39 Course Handicap
||Maximum score of 9
||40+ Course Handicap
||Maximum score of 10
For more details about the change please go to the Golf Canada website:
Other important information for the 2012 golf season:
- Glen Arbour will once again be using the Tee-on system for calculating and tracking handicaps. You can access the system from the Glen Arbour website or by going directly to www.tee-on.com
- If you can’t remember or don’t have a username/password, contact the Pro Shop and they should be able to help you. Once you sign into Tee-on, there are helpful video tutorials that you can access which explain how to use the system.
- If you are planning to play in the Glen Arbour Club Championship, Match Play, Tombstone or Iron Man tournaments this year, or any NSGA sanctioned events, then you must have a current and valid handicap for 2012.
- A special note for the ladies… remember when posting any score to make sure you enter it under the proper course layout. (i.e. Glen Arbour-Ladies-18 or F9 or B9)
- If you have any questions concerning handicaps or posting scores, please feel free to contact one of the following handicap committee members:
Thank you and enjoy the golf season.
Glen Arbour Handicap Committee